Thank you for visiting the UKBIDs website. The Data Protection Act (1998) defines the legal responsibilities of data users such as ourselves. The Act governs the collection, storage, use and transfer of personal data, for example, name, address, e-mail, age, etc.
We are committed to respecting the privacy of users entering this site and we recognise the importance of the responsible use of information collected on this site. Please note that we collect no personal information about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide that information to us by registering.
If you are simply visiting the UKBIDs website to browse the pages, we will gather and store certain information about your choices, thus we automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit -
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" or "yourdept.edu" etc) and the IP address (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to a computer whenever it connects to the Web) from which you access our web site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time of the visit
- The pages visited
- If you came in from another web site, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the type of technology they use. We do not track or record information about individuals.
This site aims to provide and facilitate the sharing of information on Business Improvement Districts. While UKBIDs and its contractors make every effort to provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information, they –
- Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on the site nor whether it is complete, up-to-date or correct.
- Accept no liability for any use of the said information or data or reliance placed on it.
- Make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose.
- Make no warranties that the said information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
By using this website and the data and information on it you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this disclaimer and further agree that use of the website, data and information is at your own risk. The website (including the terms of this disclaimer) and all information and data on it is subject to change without notice.
The information, opinions, data and statements contained on this website are the responsibility of the originators, and not of UKBIDs. They should not be interpreted, acted on, or represented as those of UKBIDs, nor does their inclusion express or imply UKBIDs’ endorsement, warrant or guarantee.
UKBIDs does not accept or undertake responsibility for any subsequent use or reproduction of the material on this website.
© Copyright UKBIDs 2007