What is UKBIDs and how can we help?
How can we help you? The UKBIDs Advisory Service has been established by ATCM as the successor to the National Pilot. As a membership network it continued to be led by Jacquie Reilly till late 2012, Project Director of the National BIDs Pilot Project, and is still supported by those key partners who contributed to the original project.
UKBIDs Advisory Service offers bespoke Consultancy and Research services for organisations such local councils as well as BIDs themselves. The results of some of this work can already be accessed online by members, see our publications.
As a not for profit consultancy all fees are put back into the Advisory Service in order to allow us to provide free resources, carry out research on BIDs development and lobby government to ensure BID partnerships remain a priority.
Our consultancy products include:
1. Essential Guide to BIDs Thinking of developing a BID? This half-day seminar will provide all the information you will need to know before moving forward. It covers the whole spectrum of key points to consider, including working with business and public sector partners, right through to the vote.
2. MID term BID Review This product looks at what your BID has achieved so far and what future action is needed. It is a distinctive approach developed in partnership with consultants URBED with soundings taken from Business Partners. A Mid Term Review:
- Provides an independent assesment
- Checks evidence of delivery
- Assesses added value
- Identifies future action needed
- Uses an easy reference score chart
- Allows levy payers direct feedback
- Provides bais for a second yes vote
We would be happy discuss your research or consultancy requirements - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)207 222 0120.
Recent consultancy projects
This section includes a summary of our most recent work. The results of some of this work can already be accessed online by members, see our publications.
Hampshire County Council
We undertook a feasibility study for Hampshire County Council on four sites: Havant, Gosport, Portsmouth and Fareham.
Warwickshire County Council
We developed and delivered a bespoke one-day event for Warwickshire's TCMs. We subsequently supported development, and chaired, a series of three one-day seminars for TCM, Local Authorities and local businesses
We devceloped a "Steps To Success" pack for SEEDA that included 10 bespoke fact sheets on BIDs.
EMDA BIDs Academy
We developed a survey for EMDA that assessed the regional TCM partnership's potential to move forward with BID development. Building on our analysis and review we are now working with EMDA on the first BIDs Academy.
Arts Council and Arts and Business
We developed a brief and managed a three month research project looking at the involvement of the Arts in BIDs.
We have developed a one-day feasibility assessment for individual sites that reviews the readiness of a partnership to develop a BID and provides an action plan for next steps.
We are a not for profit consultancy, and all fees are put back into the Advisory Service in order to allow us to provide free resources, carry out research on BID development and lobby government to ensure BID partnerships remain a priority.
Our commitment to supporting robust and successful Business Improvement Districts extends to local business and public sector partners, see Fast Facts for BID Partners. Businesses that want to find out more about prospective BIDs in their area can register their interest with UKBIDs: contact email@example.com.